Saturday, November 1, 2008

Some Work, Mostly Play!!

Hi all,
I had my first interview yesterday with a person that works for an NGO here, and I did it in French!! Not easy, and the result is pretty simple info given my basic understanding of French, but now that I've started out, I feel more confident about doing more of them en Français. Today I went for a walk with my French roommate, and we had drinks at a little restaurant by the beach- so beautiful! The sun was shining as we relaxed and watched the big waves. Tonight, I'm going to a party with a fellow Canadian, followed by a big dance party downtown at midnight! I guess I feel like celebrating a little now that I've had the first interview, although I have 80-100 to go!! Tomorrow, I hope to visit a beach where I can do some swimming. Now if only I had some more folks from home to share these lovely experiences with! I can't wait for Adam to visit in December, and hopefully my sisters at some point as well.

à plus tard,
Kate

3 comments:

sharon/mom said...

Hi Kate - I will be posting my comments en englais, because I don't want you to lose your English language skills. HA!
I am so happy that you are settling in and only have 80+ interviews. I'd love to see some pics.
Love,
Sharon

Anonymous said...

hi Kate- I am visting with your Mom-in-law and am happy to practice French with you any time-
I love your bedroom set! Take care and have a very enjoyable and rewarding time!
Love Cheryl

KatMoss said...

Hi ladies,
I'm definitely appreciating the English- my brain has a tough enough time trying to keep up with French all day! Thanks for your comments. All is well here, although it is definitely time for me to do more work!
Hope all is well in Wpg,
Kate