
On the way to and from Lac Rose, we stopped by a little town called Malinka just outside of Dakar. It has a lovely beach- very clean with nice sand and huge waves! We didn't swim, but just dipped our feet in the water and lounged around on the beach. It was a very nice break from the hectic city of Dakar, as well as a much-needed stop during our winding trip to Lac Rose, which often involved swerving around potholes and driving on the unpaved shoulder while we tried to avoid collisions with the other crazy drivers!
4 comments:
Amazing photos! It really is great that you and Adam are sharing your adventures with all of us! This beach looks deserted--I wonder if it used a lot? Perhaps it is too far from Dakar for easy access? Love Mom
Actually, there were a bunch of kids nearby playing soccer. The beach is beside a small town, so there are certainly less people using it than the beaches in Dakar, which are often pretty dirty, crowded, and have lots of people trying to sell you stuff. Luckily, I have actually found a beach not too far from where I live that is not too bad, although the weather is getting cooler here and swimming might not be as much as an option ;(
That beach looks gorgeous!
Hope you are enjoying the nice weather, it may be getting cooler but I bet it's not below freezing like here! ;)
~Heather B.
That you are right, Heather! When I say cooler, I mean around 25oC during the day, and maybe 14oC at night- not too bad! I think I'll manage!
Post a Comment