Monday, November 3, 2008

Day 4 of 215

Don't construe this as a competition, but Kate had her first day of work (the seminal interview) after about 10 days in Dakar. Well, after ONLY 3 days of being in Jerusalem, I had my first day of work today! Actually, it was only a half-day of work. I took a taxi first thing in the morning to the Rockefeller Museum where the Israel Antiquities Authority has its central offices. I met with Eliot, who used to work there as an archaeologist. He pawed through reams of paper notes, maps and photos for one of the sites I'll be studying. We then went on to the Israel Museum because one of the key architectural plans wasn't to be found at the archives. Luckily we found it at the museum. At that point, I "punched out" and called it a day at about 12:30. From the Israel Museum I took a leisurely walk back home, and later took a capuccino and croissant (actually more like crescent-shaped challah) at my neighbourhood cafe while reading a book.

No comments: