Saturday, November 8, 2008

Kismet

To follow up from my post earlier today...since it is Shabbat and there's nothing to do, I took a stroll to Emek Refa'im, a street I had visited and really enjoyed earlier this week. It is nothing like most other streets in Jerusalem. It's lined with cafes, restaurants, and fancy shops of all kinds. It's like Jaffa Street/Ben Yehuda, but for the older, thinking crowd. So on a whim I thought maybe businesses on Emek Refa'im wouldn't be closed on the sabbath. After all, "resting" is not the law here; it's only a tradition. Well, I was wrong. All but two places were closed. There were two side-by-side restaurants, one of which...now refer back to my previous post in which I mention my unfortunately meatless diet...was a restaurant distastefully named Meat Burger! But alas, I was still full from my meatless lunch. Maybe next Shabbat.

No comments: