Thursday, November 13, 2008


It's been a while since I last wrote. That's mainly because there hasn't much to write home about. But after spending four consecutive days in the lab, I decided to do something touristic today. I went to the Mahane Yehuda market. This is Jerusalem's largest food market. Here, vendors sell produce, meat, cheeses, spices, bread, and other baked confections. However, I was just looking for good falafel, since I haven't yet had one on this trip. The whole market, especially the covered part, was quite bustling, but I suspect that it will be much busier tomorrow before Shabbat. After a long walk home, I found Kvetchy II and her kitten. Let's just call her Kvetchy III. Unfortunately, I don't think that Kvetchy III is as adorable as Kate's little lambs, but then again, I prefer sheep to cats (Kvetchy I not included).

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Adam,
I am enjoying reading about your adventures in Jerusalem and love the photos. You seem to be adjusting so well to your new surroundings and taking time to explore. Kvetchy #1 (who really is too cute!) is doing very well--he loves his evening treat and attention sessions with me and he is developing a comfortable friendship with our old dog Teddy. There also appears to be a "truce" with Frosty (our cat "in residence"). Take Care, Love, Marion

KatMoss said...

Oh, I am so missing our kitty! Adam, I think you need to take Kvetchy I and II back with you to TO! We'll have an entire kvetchy family!!

Robyn said...

Kate, I think you mean that Adam needs to take Kvetchy 2 and 3 back to Toronto, Kvetchy 1 is the original Kvetchy!

You two sound like you are having amazing adventures, I am soooo jealous! Baby lambs and kittens, your photos are so CUTE!
One day you will look back on your time abroad and reminisce, enjoy it to the fullest now! I hope you feel sorry for us sad folks working our much duller jobs! =) Please keep up the great blog and photos, we love them!

Take care,
Robyn

Pamela Kirkpatrick said...

i love the image i have of this market Adam. And I'm really wanting falafel right now. I think I need to travel europe by eating. Mm.