Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Laundry Day


Well, I'm feeling better, and its back to work for me! Last week though, I had an afternoon off and decided to wash some laundry. There is a woman who does the household laundry (including mine) but I need to wash my underclothes and delicates. So, I filled up a big bucket outside with cold water and detergent, scrubbed away, carried the heavy bucket to the drain and emptied the water, rinced the clothes and wrung them all out. It took me a good hour or so!! Then I fiddled around with some rope and bungee cords to put up a clothing line in my room from my window to my shelf. Why inside you might ask? Well, these clothing items are too delicate to be ironed, and if you hang your clothes outside, a fly lays eggs on them and if you don't iron your clothes to kill the eggs, you end up with fly larva living in your skin. Hence the indoor clothes line ;)

No comments: