

Arguably more exciting was my first attempt to wall climb last night. Roni is an experienced wall climber and she was nice enough to "show me the ropes". We went to Jerusalem's only indoor climbing complex, which is in a large soccer stadium. Needless to say, it's not easy to climb a 30 foot wall, let alone with widely spaced foot wells and hand grips. How did I do? Roni said that I did better than most beginners, but she's also an exceedingly nice person. The truth is that I suck. My arms turned into wet noodles after about 10 minutes. But this experience has given me incentive to improve. It was lots of fun and I think it will be even more fun when I'm not flailing my limbs, cheating by using the 'readily accessible colours' and giving up before I get to the top. But my ego is less damaged than you would think. Though there aren't any horses in this sport, I'm ready to get back on the proverbial horse.
1 comment:
richard parker is my favorite as well. nice reference, creepy naked mole thing..
Post a Comment