
After two months apart, Adam and I are finally together again...in Senegal! He's here for a two week vacation, and we're so glad to see each other again for this brief time during our 7-8 month research forays. We've been touring around the Greater Dakar area, seeing sites such as Ile de Goree, the beach at Ile N'Gor, and downtown Dakar. During the next week we will visit more beaches and possibly take a trip along the coast to see the river delta and the savannah. The photo you see was taken at Ile de Goree, a small island 20 minutes off the coast of Dakar. This was a slave trading port and you can still visit its Maison d'Esclaves, the building where they held slaves before sending them on boats to the new world. While there are stark reminders of the disturbing history here, much of the island has now become a quaint tourist spot where you can walk along the winding roads between colourful houses and bouganvillea, while visiting some of the museums describing the history of Senegal.
Now, Adam is telling me that this is a boring engry, and he wants me to mention how happy we are to see each other again and correct each other's actions incessantly. (He is now telling me my last sentence doesn't make sense). I (Adam) have now commandeered the computer. Kate is fired. Kate and I are very much enjoying our time together. Over the past two months Kate and I have missed each other a lot. Not only is it great to spend time with one another, we are enjoying our break from research and having a nice vacation over the holidays.
6 comments:
Hi there!
I love the photo, and it is great that you are enjoying your holidays together! I really enjoy reading Kate's description of the various places that you have visited though! : ) Marion
I agree with Marion, it is a great photo. You both look great, but I miss both of you. Enjoy the sites.
Love Mom
Well, we miss both of you!! And thanks for backing me up Mom- some people do like the descriptions!!
Happy Hannukah and Merry Christmas!! Have a wonderful trip you two!
Happy Holiday!! You two.
Thanks Pam! Happy holidays to you and your family too!
Post a Comment