Wednesday, December 17, 2008
on my way to kate
I´m en route to see Kate all day. This is a highly anticipated day, one that both kate and I have been talking about since she left Toronto two months ago. My day started at 2 am when a taxi picked me up from my apartment. I arrived at Ben-Gurion Airport 3 hours before departure (required), and of course, after clearing all 72 levels of security, I had 2 hours to spare. I finally took off at 6.15 am for my 5 hour flight to Madrid. However, when I checked-in in Tel Aviv, I was told that I would be flying on business class with presumed lounge access during my 7 hour layover in Madrid. I don´t know how it happened. I chose the least expensive flight possible, but I´m typing this post from a spectacular airport lounge in Madrid. I´ve been here for about 4 hours. In that time, I´ve consumed exotic cheeses, some even more exotic pork product (not easily found in Israel), some half-decent scotch, some wine, and predictably, I´m feeling pretty fine. This place has beds for sleeping and showers for...wait for it...showering. I´m planning on a HOT shower before my flight tonight since this may be my last for the next two weeks. Perhaps most interesting was a famous woman sitting beside me in the lounge. Her name is Ingrid Betancourt. She´s that politician who was held hostage for years by Colombian guerillas and who was saved in a covert operation earlier this year - Jack Bauer style. Kate, if you´re reading this before I see you, I can´t wait to see you at the airport. I´ll try to act in accordance with conservative Muslim practice, though it will be difficult.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
adam, you're very articulate.
I can't imagine two months without seeing each other.
Have fun!
adam and kate
i hope you both have a great time together. sorry it was been busy at home and i have been until to write. enjoy your time together
elaine and ian
ps -25 today it has been very cold
Hi Elaine and Ian,
We hope you're having a wonderful holiday!
P.S. Today it was 28 degrees, but a little cloudy...;)
Post a Comment