Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hello again from Senegal,
Wow, life goes by so fast for me here! Usually, I sleep in (which I could blame on the time difference, but we all know that I like to sleep in whenever I get the chance!), run some errands or do some shopping, go to the internet cafe to check email and try to contact people for interviews, go home to hang out with the family, sometimes go for dinner and drinks with my French roommates, or I have dinner with my Senegalese family. Not too stressful, huh?! So far, the bugs aren't bad, although the other day I was reading in my room in the evening with the lights on, and a huge cockroach just wandered into my room!! Those of you who know me know that I don't do bugs well, particulary big sturdy ones like cockroaches! So I threw my sandal at it several times until it finally stopped moving. Not my favorite part of Senegal, so far! But the rest of life is going well. I'm learning my way around better and meeting local anglophones so that I can take a break from speaking my choppy French. Adam left for Jerusalem yesterday, so I hope he had a good flight and is settling in to his new home for the next 7 months! We're missing each other a lot, but hopefully he will visit me this December, and I will try to visit him in March. The weather is quite nice here, so let me know if any of you other folks here plan to visit!
A bientot,
Kate

No comments: