
For the second Seder, I was invited to the home of an American couple for a more family-centred evening, which was also lovely. Since I had been in Israel just before this, I brought back matzah for me and some who had requested it. As a result of this and the ingenuity of my hosts, we dined on matzah ball soup, gefilte fish, brisket, kugel, maror, and haroset. Also, I was able to make chocolate matzah crunch, probably my favorite Passover dessert.

The following weekend, I was also fortunate to be able to celebrate Easter with my friend Lilly and her family. We decorated Easter eggs and went to an evening mass at the downtown cathedral, where a very talented choir performed some African-inspired hymns. The next day we made some pastries for breakfast and I hid my Easter eggs before taking off to spend the rest of the day at the beach. It was a busy, but very fun week, although I really look forward next year to being able to spend these holidays with family and friends in Canada.
3 comments:
The Passover judaica at that first seder looks unreal. I'm a little jealous. In fact, I'm inspired to do some shopping. Maybe I'll find some post-pesach shlock sales. Don't be surprised if I come home with the "whole haggadah" (it's like the whole megillah, but for passover).
Hey Kate,
I like those photos and I am jealous of the chocolate!! I hope you and Lindsay have a great time in Casamance! And Adam, we will definitely have to go for some KOREAN in Toronto!!!
=)
Robyn
Kate - The 1st passover table looks amazing. The table glitters.
I also love the eggs.
Adam - Don't go crazy on the post-passover sales--there is only so much shlock that I can help you take home
Love, Sharon/Mom
Post a Comment